Oracle database/instance not started

From: Harri Muttilainen <harri_at_mutha.pp.fi>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:05:56 GMT

Hello!

I am running two separate instances on one server. The other is Oracle 8.0.5. and the other is Oracle 7.3.4.

After a recent reboot the Oracle 8 instance started up OK, but the 7.3.4 instance gives me this error (from oradim73.log)

"Service(s) and instance being started. Please wait... Startup Database Error Failed to startup the database. Failed to start the instance."

Any ideas where I should start the troubleshooting. The alert log has nothing unusual in it and the initSID.ora file has not been altered.

Is it possible to reinstall the Oracle server and instances with the current data, control and index files.

Kind Regards
Harri Muttilainen Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 09:05:56 CDT