insert statement using order by

From: Stephen Pillow <stephen_pillow_at_i2.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:32:05 -0500

Hi all,

I would like to be able to take data from one table and put the data in another table sorted. I have attempted to use the "insert into tablename (select * from othertable order by desc)". However, Oracle 8 and 8i do not support this(it is a bug). Oracle did support the use of order by in a sub query in release 7.3.4.

I am looking for a solution that does not involve exporting the table data to file sorted and then loading it using sql loader.

Thanks for your help,
Stephen Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 14:32:05 CDT