Re: [Pro*C/C++] : List of tables in database and other things

From: Cecil Shresta <cshresta_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:38:05 GMT

Hi.

> ---------- 1. tables in database ---------------
> 1.1. How can we know if a table (for instance, table "AAA") exists in
database?
> 1.2. How can we get number of tables containing in database?
> 1.3. How can we get list of names of all tables containing in database?

Couldn't you select the information from ALL_TABLES?

> ---------- 2. columns in table -----------------
> 2.1. How can we know if a column (for instance, column "BBB") exists in
table?
> 2.2. How can we get number of columns containing in table?
> 2.3. How can we get list of names of all columns containing in table?

Couldn't you select the information from ALL_SOURCE?

> ---------- 3. rows in table --------------------
> 3.1. How can we know if a row (for instance, row with specific key) exists
in table?
> 3.2. How can we get number of rows containing in table?
> 3.3. How can we get list of names of all rows containing in table?

Wouldn't this be a usual select statement? Or, do you need to know the syntax for a proC select?

For example, you could either:

  1. EXEC SQL SELECT COUNT(*) INTO :ilRowCount FROM TABLE1;
  2. char lsSQLStatement[50]; int liRowCount;
        strcpy(lsSQLStatement, "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TABLE1");
        EXEC SQL PREPARE sSQL FROM :lsSQLStatement;

        EXEC SQL DECLARE lcurCursor for sSQL;

        EXEC SQL OPEN lcurCursor;

        EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND DO break;

        for (;;)
        {
                EXEC SQL FETCH lcurCursor into :liRowCount;
         }

        EXEC SQL CLOSE lcurCursor;

Hope it helps.

C Received on Sun Oct 10 1999 - 23:38:05 CDT