Help with PL/SQL

From: jamesk447 <jamesk447_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:55:09 GMT

    Could someone tell me how to enter and save PL/SQL files? I'm not having any trouble with SQLPlus but I can't do much without the procedural aspect of PL/SQL. Does it matter which editor I use to write the PL/SQL code? How is the code compiled? A separate program that maybe I didn't download with Personal Oracle8 ? Where do I save it? How do I invoke it ( With a START command at the SQL> prompt? ) This approach will not even run the sample files that came with it. It gives errors about lack of declarations of variables. The documentation does not say how to run the PL/SQL programs, just how to write them. Someone please shed some light on this for me. I've looked around and can't find this info anywhere. Thanks, jamesk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Oct 10 1999 - 15:55:09 CDT