Re: Event Notofication From Oracle to Java

From: Aj <aj_kumar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:55:29 GMT

Nicholas,

Before I can listen to DBMS_PIPE or DBMS_ALERT messages I will need a active
connection to the database from the deamon. But can we do this in java?? I
remeber writing a PRO*C program a long time ago that used to this. Is there
any way a java deamon can be active user in Oracle and listen to all messages???

Thanks

Aj

In article <7tp93t$goe$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   nwhitehe_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Oracle has two specific ways to deal with this. You need to have a
> thread in your daemon connect to the database and listen for a
message.
> When the message is received, the dameon can take appropriate action.
>
> The first is DBMS_PIPE that allows you to send asynchronous messages
> another session. The messages are sent regardless of the state of any
> transaction running, so a trigger could send the message, but any
action
> as a result will not be reversed if the trigger gets rolled back.
>
> The second is DBMS_ALERT which also sends a message to another
session,
> but only if the current transaction is commited.
>
> If you need more detaiil, send me an email at nwhitehe_at_yahoo.com.
>
> //Nicholas
>
> In article <7tlmhp$6h4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> aj_kumar_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying to notify a Java Daemon(JDK 1.2.1 on HP UX) when some
> > specific transaction (like insert into a table) in Oracle Database
> > (8.1.5) happens. The notification should be initiated by the
database
> > as pulling the database for new transaction seems to be an
inefficient
> > solution in our case...
> >
> > Any thought please..
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Aj
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Oct 10 1999 - 12:55:29 CDT