Re: Install 8i (EE) on Solaris 2.6

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_richard-schneider.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:03:15 +0000

Hi!

Arnon Lempert wrote:

> Hi
> We've found trouble installing it on our new Ultra10. It install well
> but the dbassist always failed because of permissions and such. The
> computer is new and nothing installs on it, execpt the OS. So, if
> someone know another parameter or so that isn't the manual, I'll be
> happy to know.

I experienced the same problems two days ago. The cause for the failing installation was that I forgot to tune the Solaris kernel parameters (SHM, SEM) in /etc/system.

Do that with the parameters given in the installation manual and reboot your box for the last time.

Regards!

--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Sun Oct 10 1999 - 10:03:15 CDT