Re: Server crashes during export

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 14:15:29 +0800

Malcolm Dunnett wrote:

> I'm running Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 on VMS 7.1 on an Alpha.
>
> A couple of times recently the server has crashed. Each time it appears
> that that crash occurred during an export of the database. I suspect that
> the cause of the crash was a table being updated while it was being
> exported. Does this sound like a known bug? The export seems to be the
> precipitating factor, we've had no crashes occur when export isn't running.
>
> The export command being used is:
>
> $exp / consistent=n full=y direct=y file=dat4vm2:[ORACLE_BACKUPS]MALASP.DMP -
> LOG=DAT4VM2:[ORACLE_BACKUPS]MALASP.LOG
>
> --
> Malcolm Dunnett Malaspina University-College Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
> Information Systems Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5 Tel: (250)755-8738

We survived (just) on 7.3.2.3 for long enough to know that we wanted to upgrade out of that version as soon as possible - problems with cost optimiser, export etc etc...

We're now on 8, but at the time we went to 7.3.3.6 which was far more stable.

Cheers
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Sun Oct 10 1999 - 01:15:29 CDT