HELP! Cannot open dB bad .dbf file (Emergency)

From: Frank Siegel <NorthernSnow_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 08:23:10 -0400

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

We had what seems to be a disk crash on one of our disks. One of the data files associated to a tablespace is on that disk.

I can 1. start the instance and 2. mount the database BUT cannot open the database.

Luckily, we don't need this tablespace to get production dB running but the dB remains down because of it. Question: Is there a way in svmgrl to take the tablespace off line OR ignore the tablespace OR ignore the data file with the dB only mounted?

This did not work:

        SVRMGR> alter tablespace ts_war18 offline;
        alter tablespace ts_war18 offline
        *
        ORA-01109: database not open
        SVRMGR>

Originally, the dB crashed due to this file and I had to shutdown abort.

Production dB is down and UNIX support is on it's way but if I can get the dB up without this tablespace it would be great. Thanks again,
Frank S.
New Hampshire Received on Sat Oct 09 1999 - 07:23:10 CDT