Server crashes during export

From: Malcolm Dunnett <dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca>
Date: 8 Oct 99 21:57:22 -0700

  I'm running Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 on VMS 7.1 on an Alpha.

  A couple of times recently the server has crashed. Each time it appears that that crash occurred during an export of the database. I suspect that the cause of the crash was a table being updated while it was being exported. Does this sound like a known bug? The export seems to be the precipitating factor, we've had no crashes occur when export isn't running.

  The export command being used is:

$exp / consistent=n full=y direct=y file=dat4vm2:[ORACLE_BACKUPS]MALASP.DMP -

   LOG=DAT4VM2:[ORACLE_BACKUPS]MALASP.LOG --

Malcolm Dunnett      Malaspina University-College   Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
Information Systems  Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5     Tel: (250)755-8738