Re: Trivia question re TO_DATE(SYSDATE)

From: Gary McFarling <gmcfarli_at_itind.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:29:10 -0500

To_date() is a lovely way of parsing the date out of a dateTime data field of system object like sysdate. Another is Trunc() the two of these together are designed and work quite well at killing, or making light of, the time that is inherently part of all Oracle dates. I guess I would be quite surprised if time survived the To_date() method. Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 18:29:10 CDT