Re: OAS Web Page

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 20:28:28 GMT

In article <7tlbrp$u7k$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   elwilliams1999_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am running OAS v 4.0.7. I have created a web page which is a survey
> with radio button selections. I have used the form method to post the
> information. The action calls a stored proc with the PL/SQL cartridge.
>
> My question is: how do I use the information passed to the proc. I
want
> to insert the values into a table once they are submited. And I also
> want to be able to return an HTML formated page with a confrimation of
> selections. How can the variables passed to the proc be used within
> the proc?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, how do I prepare for skiped answers? I have selections like ->
>
> <INPUT TYPE=radio NAME='level' VALUE="High'>High
>
> I tried adding another like lke ->
>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME='level' VALUE='no_value'>
>
> to be a default reponse if nothing is selected, but it returns two
> values when something is selected.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi,

Each named field in your form is passed to stored procedure as a VARCHAR2. It always a good idea to default your parameters to NULL if you can't gurantee these fields will be filled as empty fields are not submitted.

To return an HTML you use the WEB Toolkit package to generate your page. The easiest is to the use htp.print. You can find examples in your dodumentations.

PC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 15:28:28 CDT