Re: Help! - CAnn't Start OAS after Installation on NT

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:32:57 GMT

Leonid,

> After intallion OAS 4.0 on Win NT4.0 Server I am getting the
> following errors during post_instalation start-up of the OAS:

Did you reboot your server after you installed? If not, you have to do so.

> 1. Cannot Run JDK 1.1 Applets
> The browser that you are using is not capable of running JDK 1.1 compliant
> applets. As of Oracle Application Server 4.0 Production Release, Oracle
> recommends that you use one of the following browsers to manage the
> application server:

I got a similar message once and was really confused by it. My message occured in a browser that I had previously used (IE5). Then I tried it again and I didn't get this message.

> 2. When trying to start the OAS services from the Services Manager
> (from Welcome Page), getting the following:
>
> Please wait while the command is being processed on host sitc-client-srv ...
> Starting ORB processes...Returning filename C:\ORANT\orb\admin\.event
> waiting for ORB to be ready...
>
> ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA
> orb processes can not be started.

Try rebooting your server.

HTH,
Brian Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 09:32:57 CDT