Re: sqlloader help!!!

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:20:01 GMT

> I have a problem to load a txt file with a large amout of delimited
rows
> into an Oracle table. One Oracle column datatype is number,
while the
> txt file has negative sign to stand for negative number after loading.
> The loading failed because it tried to load into the number column.
> However, if Oracle column datatype was changed to varchar2, the
> successful.
>
> What is the problem and how to get around it?

Hi,

the problem appears to be that sql loader does not recognize '-' as part of your number.

try to define the column as number in the database, and tell sql*loader to import it as varchar2. then you can rely on the servers auto- conversion to get it right.

if that does'nt work, try to apply the to_number() sql function to you data. Sorry, I don't remember the syntax for the control file, but i believe, it is somewhere in the samples.

Karsten

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 07:20:01 CDT