Can't start OracleAget

From: Tang Wai Shing Wilson <cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk>
Date: 8 Oct 1999 11:53:07 GMT

Hi there,

I have a Oracle 8i 8.1.5 on NT. The server is running fine but when I want to start the Oracle Agent (so I can manage it from other machine), it won't start, I have this err at the service dialog box:   Could not start the Oracle...Agent service on ...   Error 00015: The system cannot find the drive specified.

I check over the event log, it reviews this:   The description for EventID (..) in Source (OracleAgent) could not   be found. It contains the following insertion string(s)

I believe some of the prg/config files are omitted. Any hints which ones I should look for? As, then I can have them copied back from my another workable server.

Thanks.
Wilson.

BTW, I have been not working with Oracle since Oracle 7.3. Now when I try on O8i, I found that the wonderful GUI based svrmgr is gone, replaced by bulky enterprise manager. Anyone know if there are any similiar GUI tools allowing me to the admin of the local db?

--
---

Tang Wai Shing, Wilson		Email: cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk
Dept. of Computer Science, 	Tel# : (852)-2358-7004  Fax: (852)-2358-1477
HKUST, Clear Water Bay Road,    Fingerprint: 	54 8D 55 F5 B5 1E AC 7E
Hong Kong.					80 40 23 18 8B 8C ED C4