Log Switching interval

From: Fred Dinage <robby_at_robby.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:08:39 +0100

Is there any way in Oracle to check how much has been written to the log files. We want to switch the logs every 3 minutes for a hot standby setup and we are currently just issuing an "alter system switch logfile" command every 3 mins.Ideally we would only like to switch logs every 3 minutes when something has actually been written to the logs. How could we check this??

Cheers

Fred Dinage Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 03:08:39 CDT