Tablespace Problems

From: Michael Schmal <schmal_at_s-m-c.lu>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:51:37 +0200

Hi,
I cannot start my Oracle Database "ORA" because of a failure in Tablespace. The historie of the failure:
1. I tried to drop a tablespace called "test1"

    But the tablespace was not dropped, only Status=Invalid and not dropped.     (I was system/manager)

2. I deleted the file behind the tablespace "test1.one"
3. I copiied the file from tablespace "test2" to "test1.one"
4. Now I'm not able to start the database.
4a . If I try to connect with sqlplus as system/manager an error occured:
ORA-01033 ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progess

On startup database dbstart following error occured: SVRMGR> ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                          4754704 bytes
Fixed Size                                          48400 bytes
Variable Size                                     4222976 bytes
Database Buffers                                   409600 bytes
Redo Buffers                                        73728 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-01110: data file 5: '/opt/oracle/home/dbs/test1.one'
ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 5 (block # 1)
ORA-27069: skgfdisp: attempt to do I/O beyond the range of the file
Additional information: 1
Additional information: 1
SVRMGR>
Server Manager complete.

Database "ORA" warm started. Received on Fri Oct 08 1999 - 01:51:37 CDT