ORA-12203 after Blue Screen of Death

From: <leroyg_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:07:28 GMT

I am running Personal Oracle8 with Designer/2000 on Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (dual-boot with Win 95), and yesterday in the middle of building an ERD, I got a Windows NT Blue Screen of Death, something to the effect of "Beginning dump of physical memory." Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I shut the machine off and rebooted NT, but when I attempted to choose Start Database from the Personal Oracle8 Program menu, I got an error that the database could not be opened, and then I got ORA-12203 referring to TNSnames. The TNS assistant got the same result, as did trying svrmgr30.exe.

Is my database destroyed, or is there a way to recover it? Is there anything else I can provide to shed light on the problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Leroy

--
Leroy Gonzalez
leroyg_at_my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 22:07:28 CDT