Re: Transaction level commits?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 21:48:08 +0100

You may be thinking of 'autonomous transactions'. You can layer transactions within transactions, but a lower level transaction has to commit or rollback before the upper layer can continue.

If the diagram works:

    TXA

        insert row1 into table X
        TXB
            insert row2 into tableY
            commit;
        rollback;  -- which is at TXA level

row 2 will be inserted into tableY
but row1 will not be inserted into tableX

Done with

    pragma autonomous_transaction

--

Jonathan Lewis