Query: listener.ora and prespawn_max

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 23:02:50 +0100

Hi,

We have a group of 40 consoles/PCs that are accessing our Oracle 7.3.4 database via Oracle Forms.

Periodically, all consoles are rebooted and they all try to automatically connect back to Oracle. Sometimes, the connection will fail for some consoles with an error that seems to refer to the TNS listener not being available (sorry, cannot remember the exact message/code).

Might this be alleviated by raising the prespawn_max to a higher number (currently set to 10) or am I looking at the wrong solution?

What are the downsides to raising this value?

Andy
--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request