Re: Big NT Sites

From: Denzil Burriss <danyal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 20:58:27 GMT

Compaq 6000
(4) PII 400 Xeon
2GB RAM
63GB Database
Oracle 7.3.4.2
NT 4.0 SP4
approx 30 users(OLAP/Supply Chain Optimization System) Not a lot of users, but a hell of a lot of crunching due to statistical forecast generation and "what-if" scenarios.

No problems to date. It has been a consistently reliable server with more than acceptable performance. Until recently, I would have argued against Oracle on NT. Now I view it as an acceptable alternative if UNIX is not an option. I have no experience on anything larger on NT. 50 GB is still pretty small for Oracle, so you should have no problem with the right hardware.

If you are planning on going large, you should probably look into one of the various Unix platforms. As personal favorites, I'd recommend Sun or IBM.

Hope this helps,

Denzil

In article <7ti6kq$l1a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   place4oracle_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some week ago I was looking for NT site which have more than 50 Gb of
> data.
> I had only one answer.
>
> Is there any big NT site ?
> How many users ?
> Which type ?
> What kind of machine ( Intel,Alpha )
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Regards
> Phil Taylor
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 15:58:27 CDT