Histograms on indexed/nonindexed columns

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 20:50:10 +0800

Is there any way with a single analyze command to get:

  1. 'standard' statistics on all tables columns PLUS
  2. histograms for the indexed columns

"analyze table ... for all indexed columns" gives me (b) but not (a)
for unindexed columns

"analyze table ... for all columns" gives me (a) and (b) but also a
large number of histograms on unindexed columns

At the moment I'm settling for the latter - but does anyone have any other thoughts ?

--

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."