Re: archive log files

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 20:24:25 +0800

GreyWolf_69 wrote:

> any rule of thumb regarding how long to keep them locally on disk and
> when to move to tape?
>
> I just started a new job and I see that this place has about 2 months
> worth of archive log files, for each instance, eating up disk space.
>
> thanks

Every archive since the backup before the most recent one on at least two tapes...

This gives you two backups to attempt, and two cracks at getting the archives to roll forward. Tapes are dodgey things...

HTH --

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 07:24:25 CDT