Re: Multi Processors

From: Jim Kennedy <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:38:10 -0700

It should use all the processors in the system without doing anything special (beyond installation). You should see it use multiple processors when many people connect. Remember just because you have multiple processors does not mean that individual queries will be any faster. It just means that you might be able to have more people wait less for an available processor to process a query. (unless you configure parallel query etc. then you also need multiple drives to be effective). Jim