Re: Linux / NT Webdb combination

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:15:32 GMT

The WebDB has 2 main parts, the listener ( which serves as a request broker) and the Pl/Sql code that actually carries out the request...so,

The PL/SQL stuff has to be in the database, that is, your Linux but the listener can be on any other machine that is supported so it can be on your NT box...The listener will let you set up the proper connect info to reach your Linux Oracle...

Hope it helps,
John Greco
WebDB on Netware 4.11 ( Oracle 7.3.4) with Listener on Linux 5.2