Re: Rollback segments

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:36:18 +0100

A table which is NOLOGGING is only no-logging for direct load operations - i.e.

    insert /*+ append */ into table select .....

Also, even if associated indices are also NOLOGGING I think that you will find that the index updates are logged even when the /*+ append */ hint is used. (In this case I suspect that NOLOGGIN takes place only when the index is rebuilt - but that's still on my to-do list).

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk