Re: Oracle 8 on Linux

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 13:23:56 +0100

TB wrote:

> Hello,
> I installed Oracle 8 on Linux, and when I try to start server manager from
> the command line, I get the error message "Segmentation Fault".
>
> Does somebody know what is causing this problem, and/or how to resolve it ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Thierry Brouwers.

Hi
Check the version of Oracle you are running and the version of glibc....

Oracle 8.0.x needs glibc 2.0

oracle 8.1.x (8i) needs glibc 2.1

There is patch for one on the Oracle versions to make it work with the other glibc but I can't remember which one it is....

Martin Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 07:23:56 CDT