Newbie: Help please

From: <marcus_chan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:38:23 GMT

Hello,

I'm new to Oracle. I've installed Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5 for Windows NT. I've created a database called 'DOGS' using Oracle database assistant. It was successful and all the services have been started.

When I open Enterprise Manager I can see 2 databases there 1. DOGS_watford.world
2. watford.world

I believe watford.world database is the sample database created by oracle upon installation. When I expand on the database, I manage to see the tables. But when I try to expand DOGS database I got an error ORA-01017 invalid username/password;logon denied. I login as internal with password oracle.

What should I do.... Is there a conflict with the default database?

BTW, can I create more than one database at one server. Can oracle support there

thanks
marcus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 05:38:23 CDT