Re: starting ORACLE-services failed

From: Klaus Edelmann <s2.edelmann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:58:26 +0200

By default the services use the "systemaccunt". Using this or the account "administratoren" (the administrator account is called this may in the german version of NT) account there comes the errormessage 5. I've changed the used account to my account (which has also superviser-rights). So I can start the services. But when I start e.g. the schema manager then it brings the error message "ORACLE not available". Maybe my computers configuration is "to heavy" for oracle? I Have three partitions: C is a DOS-(FAT16)partition. (Having installed Win 98). On D I have installed NT on FAT16. On G I have installed Oracle with NTFS. On G everyone has full rights ...

Some futher Ideas?
Thanx

JP Moresmau <jeffries_at_indigo.ie> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 7tfto4$c3m$1_at_ezekiel.eunet.ie...