Connection reuse

From: Jack Stephenson <jestep_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 23:26:44 -0700

 I am using Oracle, MTS, VB.

Oracle has something called V$Session. It provides a mechanism to store connection specific data.

 This is neat because then and stroed procedures / triggers can access this information and incorporate it in whatever they do.

You set Data in V$Session by some Stored Procedures layed on by Oracle.

 Here is my question:

I want to set data in V$Session Data at the beginning of a Transaction and Reset it at the end if the Transaction.

Is there any way that I be guaranteed that all ADO connections used within a transaction will use the same connection?

If this is not possible, is there a way that I can hook in to do pre / post processing with all connections that are dispensed?

Thanks

 --
Jack Stephenson

Sr Systems Analyst
EDS Canada Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 01:26:44 CDT