A real screwy problem.

From: Steve A <spectre_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:06:25 +0800

Hi,
I have 3 oracle databases over a tcp/ip wan

Micro01_hk 210.176.69.163
micro02_cn 202.104.30.69
micro03_cn 202.104.30.70

i can tnspng to each one from the other.

I can connect using SRVMGR from the console on each server:

Micro01_hk to Micro02_cn & micro03_cn
Micro02_cn to micro03_cn
micro03_cn to micro02_cn

But I just cannot get a connection from: micro02_cn to micro01_hk
micro03_cn to micro01_hk

I have checked the listeners

Micro01_hk listens on 210.176.69.163
micro02_cn listens on 202.104.30.69
micro03_cn listens on 202.104.30.70

The aliases at each site are identical

how is it that Micro01_hk can connect to the others but not the otherway round, for the purpose of the test no firewall was involved. Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 20:06:25 CDT