SQLLoader in 8.1.5

From: Doug Brown <Doug.Brown_at_abbott.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:20:04 -0500

I have a problem with sqlloader version 8.1.5. Here's the deal.

    I receive nightly downloads from IBM big "iron" in ebcidic to hp-ux.    using the control file formatted for positions of data works fine in 7.3.4 but in testing on the 8.1.5 version I'm getting all kinds of invalid numbers for numeric fields. I called Oracle support and they suggested using direct=true on the load statement. This seemed to suppress the errors tho I haven't had a chance to verify all data. I'm looking to see if anyone else has experienced this or are they blowing smoke? Why or how could this functionality go away? It's not a new feature.

AnyOne? Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 18:20:04 CDT