paginated resultset for web display

From: Peter Rexer <prexer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 21:41:56 GMT

I'm trying to set up a query to bring back rows 1-50, then 51-100 from a web application. Is there an easy way to have Oracle do this for me, or do I need to bring back the resultset and store it in my web server's cache?

Ideally I'm looking for a way to do a query something like this:

Select fname, lname from emp where lname like 'Smith%' and rownum >50
and rownum <101

Peter Rexer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 16:41:56 CDT