Re: compressed exports/imports on NT ?

From: Kevin P. Fleming <kfleming_at_access-NOSPAM-laserpress.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 20:29:32 GMT

No, the NT export/import tools can only read/write directly to files in the file system, not to pipes. Named Pipes is a communications protocol that can be used between SQL*Net/Net8 and the server, not between applications running in a command session.

I don't believe you're going to be able to create a compressed export file, or read a compressed import file, with a single step process.