Re: archive log files

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:48:58 GMT

It all depends on how often you perform a backup of the database and how far back you want to go. As soon as you get a good backup (preferably cold) of the database, any previous archive log files are not necessary. When you restore, you restore from a cold backup and then apply the archive log files since that backup. Personally, I like to keep two "versions" around. Since I backup my database once a week, I make sure that I have two backups (and their log files) for recovery.

HTH,
Brian