Re: ODBC Problem

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 12:04:17 -0500

Brian,
Hi. I had posted this some time back on this newsgroup. I thought this might help you. Just check if you get the same error when you try the sqlplus session to the same instance also or not.

                                        Tapan

Hey Guys,
 I found a weird thing while updating the ODBC on several NT clients where in the ODBC upgrade takes off a few NLS LANG registry keys. Weird but true ! If you face a
'invalid NLS LANG parameter '
while connecting through SQL PLUS then just make sure that your registry has the following entries under HKLM/Software/Oracle

 NLSRTL32             "c:\orant\NLSRTL32"
 ORA_NLSRTL32         "c:\orant\NLSRTL32\DATA"
If you have Oracle8 client then substitute 33 for 32. This can be a minor hassle on a busy day so I thought I would let you guys know.
                                                                Tapan