parameters disappear - newbie needs help

From: Bob Hartung <rwhartung_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:42:04 GMT

I hope someone can clue me in.

I am trying to install Oracle onf RH Linux 6. I need to set a number of parameters.
To do this I have build a script that does this:

	PARAMETER=CONTENTS
	export PARAMETER
	echo PARAMETER $PARAMETER

When I run the script all looks well, but after the script terminated if I do a

        echo PARAMETER

from the command line no value is returned.

If I set the parameter from the command line it is visible as long as I stay in the same terminal window.

What am I doing wrong? I don't have a clue. Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 06:42:04 CDT