Re: OAS 4.0.7 on NT, BUG#768157 - NEED HELP please...

From: sysdba <sysdba_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:14:07 +0200

Ussualy there are two things cause this error : 1. Service Pack 4 or 5 is install, which cause the ORB process to crash. solution : Downgrade to Sp3, or install 4.0.8 which support SP5. If u want this server for development Purpose, u can install patch 4.0.7.1 and
Work with SP4, but notice that this is UNSUPPORTED !

2. Your host is not configue in the DNS. Solution:
Ask your Network administrator to put your host.domain in the dns. you can get the host.domain under:
Cotrol Panel -> Network -> Protocols -> TcpIp -> properties -DNS your full machine name is "host_name"."domain" (like mypc.oracle.com)

If u cant get your network manager to do the job, add your mahcine name to the "host" file (
under c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc)
write in this file at the end somthing like this: 10.10.10.1 mypc.oracle.com
where 10.10.10.1 is the ip adress of your machine. save the file, and import it to your machine by doing the following: goto :
Cotrol Panel -> Network -> Protocols -> TcpIp -> properties -> WINS ->Import LMHOST
and choose the file u just changed.
press all the "ok" buttons until u will prompt to reboot (ignore warning messages)

after the reboot the oas will hopefully start.

Asaf Shoval
Oracle Israel Support Center.