Oracle 8.0.5 Linux Install Problems

From: Bob Hartung <rwhartung_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 02:25:45 GMT

I'm stumped.

New to Linux and Oracle I have figured out a shell script to set system variables but I have hit a snag.

in order to run '/mnt/cdrom/orainst/oratab.sh' I need to have a system variable "ORACLE_OWNER" set.

 I have done this from command line [later in the script]:

	ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
	export 	ORACLE_OWNER

	When I $ORACLE_OWNER, I get 'oracle' but the script still complains
that the system variable is not yet set.

SECOND PROBLEM
        Should I have ORACLE_OWNER belong to group 'dba' or group 'OSDBA'? The instructions are skimpy and suggest both!

All help appreciated!

TIA Bob Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 21:25:45 CDT