Re: Too many foreign keys...!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:27:02 +0200

IMO you definitely shouldn't drop the foreign keys. They allow Oracle to use row-level locking in constraint checks instead of table level locking.
I'm currently working with an application ALL constraints in the form of triggers. Performance is bad, parsing overhead is high. select count(*) from detail table everywhere, where the count can result in thousands of rows.
IMO, you don't want this.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA