Re: /*+ ordered */

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 19:56:15 +0800

Edorta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the hint /*+ ordered */ in a query to try to force a
> particular order of tables to access. But when I do it, it doesn't use
> indexes although they exist and the query uses them if no hint is
> specified.
>
> Is it /*+ ordered */ acting as one can expect? Should I try another way?
> (I wouldn't like to use /*+ index */)

ORDERED simply asks Oracle to attempt to process the rows in the same order as the tables are presented in the sql. If the optimizer believes that it can do this without using the indexes, then it may well do so.

What is your objection to the INDEX hint ?

You could also try USE_NL or FIRST_ROWS..

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 06:56:15 CDT