ORA-4031

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 14:06:27 -0400

I am have an application which is generating ORA-4031 errors. The RDBMS is 7.3.4 and the OS is SunOS 5.6.

Currently I have the shared_pool_size set at 20000000 and that should be more than sufficient considering that there is currently only one process that has an active connection to the database and it is processing less than 20,000 transactions per day.

I have seen a similar error occur in another database which has 40+ users, but on that database I only had a 9M shared_pool_size when the errors were occurring and they went away when I bumped the size up to 20M. However, that was on a Unixware system.

I am starting to suspect that this may be a bug and that it may be fixed by a patch. Does anyone have any specific knowledge on this?

For now, my solution is to run a cron job once an hour to perform a ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL but I would rather not have that turn into a permanent solution.

Ken Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 13:06:27 CDT