cpu pegged, need cause

From: <aaronurbain_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:10:46 GMT

7.3.3 on nt40sp3.

The cpu has been pegged for two hours. Top Sessions cpu report shows 20 users, most idle and the rest using minimal cpu. Task manager shows Oracle using 99% cpu.

The last time this happened, I had all users log off. One remained and I killed the session, and only then did cpu usage fall which makes me think something was amiss with the session. Alert log contained nothing.

How can I determine where Oracle is spending all this cpu? V$?

-Aaron

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 11:10:46 CDT