Performance problems on OPENVMS after 7.3.3.6 upgrade

From: Peter Russo <pmr_at_mira.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 22:42:39 +1000

I have just upgraded in a test environment from Oracle version 7.1.5 to 7.3.3.6 on a DEC/Alpha OpenVMS platform. Under 7.1.5 I ran a batch job which I timed for a benchmark, after the upgrade I ran the same batch job under exactly the same conditions and it took about 40% more elapsed time !!

I assume this is due to the fact we now run two-task instead on single task ??
Is this normal ? is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problem and if so is there anything on the OpenVMS side that can be altered to improve performance ???

I hope someone can help....

Peter. Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 07:42:39 CDT