OAS 3.0.2 starting problem

From: JB <juergen.borchers_at_volkswagen.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 09:52:04 +0200

Hello everybody,

we got a very urgent problem with the OAS. Perhaps somebody could help us. Thanks in advance.

the environment :
HP-UX 10.20
OAS 3.0.2 the problem :
When starting the OAS the "UDP" message and the "starting mnaddrsrv" appears and then nothing else happens. After some time (1 hour or 10 hours or ...) OAS continues starting. Starting OAS on different machines leeds to the same problem, and when it is started on two machines at a time it starts exactly on both machines at the same time i.e. after 1 or 10 hours.
When OAS is running it is sometimes not possible to stop it or to display the status. UDP message appears, nothing else happens.

the question :
what does mnaddrsrv do; what is it communicating with; perhaps we got a network problem but we don't know where to search.

cu
Juergen Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 02:52:04 CDT