Re: Veritas Cluster Server vs. Oracle Parallel Server

From: dB <darryl_e_balaski_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:20:11 -0400

I don't believe that is true -- I do believe you can use the A1000 array for OPS.

I've done OPS in other environments... If you need to load balance, OPS is okay.
If you are looking for Failover, then a Standby database is a much better option (cheaper too).

Maintaining an efficient OPS operation takes a lot of work and monitoring of the PCM locks. Twice the work!

sincerely,
dB
www.rdbms.org