Re: Coalescing Tablespaces

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:45:36 GMT

Arthur,

The only reason why you would be seeing something like "ORA-00959: tablespace 'X' does not exist" is most likely because you have a typo in the specification of the tablespace name in your ALTER TABLESPACE statement.

Perform "SELECT tablespace_name FROM dba_tablespaces" to see if this is correct.

Hope this helps.

On Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:15:13 GMT, amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was trying to coalesce one of our tablespaces using this command:
>
>alter tablespace TEMP_SET1_U05 coalesce;
>
>But it says it cannot find the tablespace. Ummm, is there as trick to
>this command that I should know about???
>
>Arthur
>amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 11:45:36 CDT