Database Naming Standards

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_nospambigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 18:02:10 -0400

Does anyone know where I could look for suggestions of Database Naming standards?
Generally, what are different schemes for naming tables, foreign keys etc.,? It doesn't seem like the most critical thing in the world to me, but I must admit I am unfamiliar with any standards there are if they exist.. This will be in an Oracle 8i database so there may be some varrays, nested tables etc.,