Autonomous transaction in database event triggers - a bug?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:01:11 GMT

Oracle 8i, release 8.1.5, NT4.0 SP4.

I'm experimenting with new database event triggers, more specifically with AFTER LOGON trigger.

Whenever I try to use PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION in this type of trigger, the trigger compiles OK, but when a user tries to connect, this trigger causes ORA-600 with arguments [4450],[],[],[],[]...

In documentation I couldn't find any limitations or warnings against using this pragma in database event triggers. Is this behavior a bug?

Here is a test case:

SQL> connect system/manager_at_o815
Connected.
SQL> create or replace trigger
  2 logon_trigg_test2 after logon on scott.schema   3 declare
  4 pragma autonomous_transaction;
  5 begin
  6 insert into test_trigg_table values (sysdate, user);   7 commit;
  8 end;
  9 /

Trigger created.

SQL> connect scott/tiger_at_o815
ERROR: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4450], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. SQL> TIA,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sun Oct 03 1999 - 17:01:11 CDT