Problem while compiling packages

From: Venkatesh Kumar <vkumar_at_fundu.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 11:18:04 -0500

Hi guys,
 We are running Oracle 87.0.5 on a Sun Solaris. We have about 40 different packages. Some times when we recompile a pcakge, it compiles the packahe definition and comes to package body and just hangs. The database just hangs and the only way to fix this is to bounce the database. It happens once in a while and only with certain packages. Couple of times I have waited to see what happends and it comes back with a Time out error on a DBMS_APPLICATION table. Any ideas on what this table does or is for ?

Thanks
venkatesh Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 11:18:04 CDT