Newbie ?: Rollback Segments and the High Water Mark

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 21:49:13 -0700

I'm a bit confused. When I start the database, only the SYSTEM RBS is online. Using storage manager to see if I have any potential free space problems. SYSTEM RBS is pretty much at the "end" of the High Water Mark. (Please excuse my terminology if I'm using them incorrectly.)

So, I bring online r01 - r04. Why, all of a sudden, are the high water marks at the end of each RBS? Doesn't the High Water Mark being at the "end" designate that the segment is "full?"

TIA Received on Sat Oct 02 1999 - 23:49:13 CDT